https://www.johannamontlouisgabriel.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/linkedin-sales-navigator-IjkIOe-2fF4-unsplash-scaled.jpg 1707 2560 Johanna Montlouis-Gabriel https://www.johannamontlouisgabriel.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Dr-JMG-300x84.png Johanna Montlouis-Gabriel2019-12-10 16:34:182021-01-31 23:16:42Am I the right person for the job?
Am I the right person for the job?
Whether it is to supervise your M.A. project or collaborate on a project, here are a few guidelines on how I work best with people. You will find my preferred way to communicate and what to avoid when communicating with me! Ready?
You want me as your collaborator / advisor if…
- You love a goal-oriented, focused conversation.
- You provide assurances about input and decisions.
- You offer input on how to make the ideas become reality.
- You are accurate and realistic and do not over-inflate ideas or outcomes.
- You make an organized appeal for support and contributions.
- You remember to provide specific action steps and details for all involved.
- You follow through and do what you say you will do.
You don’t want me as your collaborator /advisor if…
- You tend to complain about all the work you have to do.
- You tend to rush into the agenda; let’s break the ice/warm up first!
- You tend to be vague about what is expected.
- You tend to be impersonal or jump to conclusions.
- You tend to be vague or ambiguous.
- You tend to be disorganized.
Hope this helps, and don’t hesitate to contact me for more questions or clarifications!