Directing your M.A. Thesis
This post is for students who are seeking me to be their chairs for their M.A. thesis or Culminating Projects as we call them at NCSU.
First and foremost, I am so glad that you are considering working with me! It truly is an honor and I look forward to seeing where this goes. I must disclose that I am only able to supervise one to two students per cohort. If I ever have to choose, I will choose to supervise students whose research interests are closely aligned with mine. Before I can commit to direct your M.A thesis, do two things:
- Review my expectations for students I accept to supervise;
- Review my research interests and how do these interests could serve you.
As a junior faculty member, I am often juggling many different projects and for me to insure that I am doing a good job on yours, I want to make sure interests align.
Take a look at this curated list of topics I can now supervise for an M.A. thesis or Culminating project:
- Women magazines in Pre and Post Colonial Francophone Africa;
- Graphic novels and Representation of Women;
- Black Fashion and Artistry;
- Translation projects related to Gender and/or Francophonie;
- Digital Mapping;
- Teaching Portfolio;
- ••• etc
Current M.A. Theses or Culminating Projects I am directing:
- “Empowering Women through Sex Ed: A Literary Analysis of French Graphic Novels “(Lyndsay Lowdermilk, 2020)
- “L’aventure personnelle d’Alain Mabanckou et la Françafrique” (Philippe Mvula, 2020)
That being said, at the moment I am currently unable to supervise topics that are outside of these topics. If you think your topic somewhat fits in the list but isn’t listed, shoot me an email and let’s discuss further!
Looking forward to working together! 🙂